Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rheumatoid Arthritis And Pregnancy Breastfeeding And Rheumatoid Arthritis?

Breastfeeding and Rheumatoid Arthritis? - rheumatoid arthritis and pregnancy

I'll see a rheumatologist for the first time in two weeks and need to know what treatments are safe for nursing mothers. I've heard that small doses of prednisone are good, and hydroxychloroquine. These treatments are effective? What are the side effects? Does anybody know of other treatments safe for BF?

I had pre-pregnancy and the symptoms disappeared during the fourth month, now that my son is four months, I have problems with my fingers, elbows, neck, back, etc., not to choose at times, even my son. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. I really do not want to stop breastfeeding. Thank you.

2 comments:

mystic_e... said...

You and your doctor should, with Motherisk, work that can tell you that drugs are safe and what dose. You are more than happy to talk directly to doctors. (416) 813-6780 Monday through Friday 9-5 EST to call anywhere in the world.

Other sources of information are:
Book: Drugs and breast milk of Dr. Hale, who was most pharmacists and many libraries

LactMed: http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/ht ...

SafeFetus: http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/ht ...

criertuc... said...

I do not know know about medicine, but I want to give some encouragement. I have RA since I have 12 years. comes and goes in severity. I am maintaining my 5.5 months old and is wonderful. Have you tried ibprophane or hot packs. That always helps me to lose 5 pounds and do a lot of stretching in the morning. Aguanten Good luck.

Post a Comment